Exciting Events Near Your College Station Apartments
When moving into College Station student housing, you may be left wondering what there is to do near your apartment. Fortunately for you, College Station is a city rich with culture, arts and entertainment. The city provides events for its residents all year long that maintain strong community ties and provide enjoyment for residents of all ages. With so many events hosted throughout the city, you are bound to find something that caters to your tastes. The best part of all is that most events are budget-friendly, making it perfect for students, and they are located only a short distance away from TAMU housing. At the Retreat at College Station, we provide some of the best apartments in College Station for relaxing and enjoyable student living.
8 Events Near TAMU Housing You Don't Want to Miss
Most apartment complexes in College Station are located within a short distance from a ton of fun events and activities. Be sure to check off the following 10 events on your calendar:
- Date Night Skate Night: If you enjoy ice skating or want to take a special someone out on a fun date, hit the Spirit Ice Arena on a Thursday night. The arena hosts a “Date Night” special every Thursday from 8pm to 10pm, with admission that's two for the price of one.
- PRCA Rodeo: On July 21 and 22, you can catch the 46th Annual Bryan Breakfast Lions Club PRCA Rodeo. This multiple-day rodeo events brings some of the best rodeo performers in Texas.
- Harvest Weekends at Messina Hof Winery: The Harvest Festival at Messina Hof Winery is hosted every Friday and Saturday from July 28 to August 26. The festival involves picking and stomping the grapes that go into Messina Hof’s award-winning Ports, wine tasting, a lunch buffet and lots more fun activities.
- Football Friday: Every Friday before a home football game weekend, Downtown Bryan hosts Football Fridays, featuring a free concert from 8pm to 10:30pm.
- Texas Reds Steak & Grape Festival: Held from September 22 to 24, the Texas Reds Steak & Grape Festival celebrates two of the largest industries in Texas: beef and wine. The festival includes various wineries, breweries, craft vendors, artists, live music and of course, the best steaks you can find in the Lone Star State.
- Singer/Songwriter Night: If you’re into local musicians, head over to The Village Cafe on Thursday nights. You can enjoy original live music from local musicians with some beer or wine.
- Brazos Valley Worldfest: The Brazos Valley Worldfest is held on November 8th from 10am to 5pm. The festival celebrates international diversity and heritage by offering cultural displays, demonstrations, performances, food, children’s crafts and more.
- Santa’s Wonderland: Beginning on November 11, you can visit Santa’s Wonderland. Santa’s Wonderland is the biggest Christmas attraction in Texas, with musical entertainment, food, shopping, unique activities and an impressive light display.
If you are looking for College Station apartments for rent, the Retreat at College Station can provide you with student living like no other. Our goal is to deliver the most relaxing and enjoyable living experience to our residents during their college years through our lavish amenities and spacious furnished apartments College Station has to offer. Contact us today for student housing College Station students can count on for the ultimate in luxury living.